We are planning to proceed with SFS Cavalcade North America 2020 and the safety of the participants is a top priority. We are in hopes that by late May the outbreak will have been contained and not pose a threat. We plan to continually reevaluate whether we need to change the plans based on public health guidance.
We suggest that participants may want to consider whether they should delay booking travel until closer to the meeting. We also ask participants who have visited a CDC Level 3 country within 14 days prior to the conference (or who otherwise suspect that they may have been exposed to the coronavirus) to refrain from attending. If authors or discussants are unable to attend, we will provide video links so that they can participate electronically.